Function point analysis
The vocabulary that comes from mainframe computing
- When it talks about input, output and logical files, it is talking about batch files that are run overnight that contain large amounts of data.
- File types
- index sequential
- random access
- It is a way of calculating the complexity of different computational processes.
- It is important to know the formulae for COCOMO and be able to insert values into the formulae given in a question
- the effort in person months
- development time in months
- abbreviations such as KDSI
- The three classes of project
- Won't be calculations - just verifying if given insertions are correct.
- Know the pros and cons of the processes
Software Assurance Definition
- Look at the allstate lecture slides.
- Be familiar at least with the names and broad nature of the types of security issues
Software project management
- Be able to complete a network analysis question. Refer to tutorial for more notes
- Look at metrics
- No calculations necessary in test. might be given figures to analyse. If given values are correct - if correct forumula is used.
- How a use case differs from a user story
- Use case diagrams, read in direction of the arrow - slide 79 - K extends N